as

In my 7th year of engineering education, I started this blog. Many people asked me: Given so many years of engineering training and great career prospects, why design?

I love technology, but love even more the enriching effect of technology on people. I have seen so many talented people who devoted on fascinating products, but failed to let people appreciate how fascinating they are; and so many diligent researchers who worked out long-standing unsolved problems after years' work, but lost their audience/followers in tedious, unintuitive communication. I can't help noticing the so many imperfections in the life, while observing people, talking to people, and understanding people; I can't help brainstorming better ways to solve the problems, and discussing with people to see if they fit their needs. And that happens to be the duty of an UX designer.

This is a blog recording the ideas emerging from our everyday lives, including design critique, need finding, ideation and basic prototyping. Your questions and comments are warmly welcomed!

Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Advice are good, but make them useful!

This idea occurred to me when I was arguing with my roommate about a newly open restaurant. They went there once and told me it is totally terrible, and I decided not to go there. However, coincidentally, I went to the restaurant and ordered the same food some day, and I was amazed by how good it is! I should have known that my roommate and I have different tastes on food. It is amazing that how the experience on the same issue can vary vastly from person to person.

The same thing happens when people seek advice from others' experience. Everyone has different background, and the advice might not be applicable. Therefore, I propose a personalized estimation system, gathering not only users' reviews and feedbacks, but also their background, personality, level of proficiency, etc. Based on those information, and the situation of the person who use it, it would generate a reasonable estimation/advice for this person.

The following two storyboards describe two use cases of the design:




No comments:

Post a Comment